My Sewing Machine Obsession: Skipped stitches
Our Singer 99-13 (Aug. 1929) Leaves Gobs of Thread within Bobbin Stitch! The top stitch seem okay, but can be pulled apart because the bobbin (under) stitch leaves gobs of thread-strands and actually doesn't connect with the top stitch.
Does anyone have a clue as to what's wrong. The machine ran well until I cleaned it and replaced the bobbin. Thanks!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHere's the top stitch (left) and bottom stitch (right) tangle.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.facebook.com/kirk.perry.963
I've finally got the spring tension discs to apply friction to to the passing thread between their faces. But, I had to use a 1/4" washer on the slotted tension shaft, behind the inner most disc, to push the disc assembly outward so that the spring-plate would not bottom-out early when I turned-in the knurled tension knob. Wild. It seems there should have been a back-up thrust washer as OEM, maybe their was a backing washer, but it got lost. Anyway, I'm dialing things in between the bobbin set in a fixed position and perfecting the stitch through the upper thread tension assembly.... hopefully. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's sewing okay, but why I had to introduce a "new" (washer) part to the tension assembly is beyond my grasp. Sew-on....!
ReplyDelete